Sunday 24 February 2008
This 2nd part in the 'Chintz 'n China Mysteries' was a little bit of a disappointment for me. I enjoyed the first book so much that I couldn't wait to read this one but it annoyed me quite a bit.

It was very obvious what was happening to Emerald in this book and I couldn't believe that this perfect character didn't figure it out sooner. I guessed straight away the cause of all her bad luck and I was getting bored of reading about her long drawn out story.

Of course I still want to read this series. Even with this slightly off putting 2nd book I do like the whole concept and have heard only good things about the series as a whole. I have the 3rd book here and will try and read it within the next couple of weeks so things are fresh in my mind. There were a few things that happened in this book that will obviously come up again in the rest of the series.

All in all? A great read but nothing on the first book in the series. There is always the chance of having a "not so good" book in a series and maybe this was just that book for this series.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, February 24, 2008 |


0 Comments:








Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online