Saturday 9 February 2008
Charlaine Harris is a great author and it is always a pleasure to read her books. The re-release of the 'Aurora Teagarden Mysteries' is something I have been waiting for and I am not disappointed so far.

This 2nd book in the series sees Aurora getting a nice windfall. However it seems that there are a few skeletons in the closet that she will have to deal with before being about to enjoy her inheritance.

I really like Aurora who is quite different to Sookie Stackhouse but somehow similiar to Lily Bard. The story flows and is interesting with a mystery that keeps you guessing to the end. Mrs Harris really knows how to capture the reader and she always manages to make reading her books a joy.

I already have book #3 in this series so I will be reading it soon.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, February 09, 2008 |


3 Comments:


At 9 February 2008 at 19:16, Anonymous Anonymous

I've read and enjoyed Harris' Sookie and Harper books, but I have not tried her other series yet. Maybe one of these years I'll get too them. So many books...

 

At 10 February 2008 at 07:35, Blogger Unknown

You should try the 'Lily Bard' books too. They are nice and cosy but Lily is a great character.

Thanks for visiting and linking me to your blog!

 

At 16 February 2008 at 22:33, Blogger Kathy

I love this series, though it is once again about a "librarian" that shelves books and does the clerical work that the staff should be doing. Wish writers would admit that librarians do more than shelve books. I'm a librarian and I haven't shelved a book since my part-time library assitant days in college. Well enough of my soapbox. I have loved all of Charlaine Harris books and this series is no exception.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online