Sunday 6 January 2008
After 'My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding' comes 'My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon'. I wonder what the next one will be called? 'My Big Fat Supernatural Parenthood'?

Of course some of the authors from the last book have returned but some have chosen not to take part in this book and others have joined the crew. All in all not a bad bunch of stories and one of the better anthologies I have read in a while.

Stalked by Kelley Armstrong

I love the 'Women of the Otherworld' series so I was really happy to see this author contributing a story set in that series. The twist however is that while well known Elena and Clay are in this story it is told from Clay's perspective. A really interesting change.

Definitely one of the better stories in this book although the storyline wasn't that impressive. It was great to catch up with these 2 lovebirds who have finally got hitched! Lovers of this series will enjoy the story.

Heorot by Jim Butcher

I have been listening to 'Harry Dresden' audiobooks lately and it was fun to read about him again. This short story was good and fun. Typical Harry and an interesting storyline. Jim Butcher writes a good short story.

Roman Holiday, or SpQ-arrrrrr by Rachel Caine

I really enjoy Rachel Caine's 'Weather Warden' and 'Morganville Vampire' Books but this wasn't my kind of story...again.

In 'My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding' Cecilia Lockheart got it together with an undead pirate. Here in 'Supernatural Honeymoon' their story continues.

I have nothing against pirates but this and the last story didn't really impress me. I wish the author had done a nice 'Morganville' short story instead!

Her Mother's Daughter by P. N. Elrod.

This author also edited this collection of stories. His contribution was a short story featuring Jack Flemming from the 'Vampire Files'.

I have read a few of the 'Vampire Files' books but they didn't really interest me that much. However this story was quite enjoyable and made a nice change.

Newlyweds by Caitlin Kittredge

Caitlin Kittredge's first book is due out in March. 'Night Life ' has been on my wishlist ever since I heard about it and after reading this short story I hope the book is as good.

This story was quite fun and it was set in the UK which made a refreshing change! I can't wait for the book now I have had a taste!

Where the Heart Lives by Marjorie M. Liu

I haven't read anything by this author that I partically liked so it was no surprise that this story did nothing for me.

Cat got your Tongue? by Katie MacAlister

I have enjoyed many a book and story by this author but lately I haven't been enjoying her stuff as much. Way too girly and happy for my liking. Not enough action and I get fed up of the based in the UK but being fake British.

Half of being Married by Lilith Saintcrow

I am having problems reading the newest 2 Dante Valentine books so this short story really gave me hope. A nice short story about a Vampire Hunter who just married a werewolf (they both were unaware of their spouses extra curricular activities) was fun and interesting. The start of a new series perhaps? Please? Pretty Please with sugar on top???

A Wulf In Groom's Clothing by Rhonda Thompson

I have only read short stories by this author although I do have 'Confession's of a Werewolf Supermodel' on my 'To Be Read' pile.

This was just as good as her other stories and a nice easy read. Nothing special but worth reading and enjoying.

So if you are a fan of any of these authors you will enjoy this book. If you want to get into the 'Paranormal' genre this could be a nice book to start you off. With a bit of everything you may find a few authors appeal to you.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, January 06, 2008 |


4 Comments:


At 7 January 2008 at 14:25, Blogger ErinPaperbackstash

I never enjoy anthologies too much, there's just something about a collection of short stories that doesn't do it for me like a novel does, but this looks like a good gathering.

 

At 9 January 2008 at 09:44, Blogger Unknown

I don't really like anthologies either. However I always get sucked into them because they feature a favourite author or 2...or there is always the 'short story' that fits into a series I am reading.

This one is ok...I missed Charlaine Harris in this one though.

 

At 13 January 2008 at 17:27, Blogger Chrissy

I'll have to check this out since i'm getting married in 4 months and then going on a honeymoon...
Hmm...

 

At 14 January 2008 at 13:50, Blogger Unknown

Well if you want a nice quiet Honeymoon then this is book isn't going to give you any tips ;)

However if you have ever thought about what could go wrong on your honeymoon and then times it by 10...you may just have the contents of this book ;)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online