Wednesday 2 January 2008
This was an amazing creepy story! As I was reading the names Stephen King and Stephenie Meyer sprung into my mind. This book was a nice twist of both of their styles but somehow unique as well.

The book says it is 'A Vampire Love Story' but to be honest I didn't find it was much of a love story. Which was good ;) I actually thought this was more like a murder mystery with a small paranormal twist.

I had some trouble getting into the story at first but then the story had me hooked till the end. Scary and thrilling this was unusual and interesting. I wonder if the author will write anything like this again.

I have to say that this is by a Swedish author and has been translated into English. Sometimes the translation was not as good as it could have been and some words were left in Swedish. However it is readable and well worth reading if you like creepy Stephen King like books.

EDIT - I just looked on Amazon and it seems the author has another book coming out later this year. It sounds amazing and I have already added it to my wishlist!

Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Synopsis from Amazon.de

Something very peculiar is happening in Stockholm. There's a heatwave on and people cannot turn their lights out or switch their appliances off. Then the terrible news breaks. In the city morgue, the dead are waking up...What do they want? What everybody wants: to come home. "Handling the Undead" is a story about our greatest fear and about a love that defies death. Following his success with "Let the Right One In", this novel too has been a bestseller in his native Sweden.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, January 02, 2008 |


0 Comments:








Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online