Monday 10 December 2007
This book was nicely written and even though this turned out to be a historical tale (not my thing) I found myself reading all the way to the end. However as I got closer to the end I began to wonder why I got so far. The 'Witch' aspect is not really present and I guess I was hoping that the end would be amazing. Which it was not.

The first part of the book was the best. Hearing about how Mary's grandmother was treated as a 'witch' made interesting reading. The book is written in diary form, which makes easy reading, and follows Mary on her trip over to America.

Now I was under the impression that this book was going to be set in the present with someone reading the diary. However this was not the case. Also I found the story interesting but at the end of the day it was a diary and nothing spectacular. Realistic and interesting but nothing to go wild about.

I will be looking up the author to see what else she has on offer but I won't be rushing out to buy her books. If they come to me they are meant to be read ;)

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, December 10, 2007 |


2 Comments:


At 11 December 2007 at 10:26, Blogger ErinPaperbackstash

I enjoy diary type books but like you said, it all depends on how its set. I've read a few of them over the years.

 

At 15 December 2007 at 13:49, Blogger Unknown

It looks like the author likes writing in this format. I have added a few more of books to my wishlist and the write-ups give the impression that they are in diary form too.

Some of her other books look very intersting...

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online