Friday 16 November 2007
I really pushed myself to finish this 4th book in the 'Aisling Grey' series. I really enjoyed book 1 and 2. The 3rd book was ok but hey in a series there is always one that makes you say...ok. However this 4th part just confused me.

Why was I confused? Well for one there wasn't a main plot but lots of little plots. I felt dizzy with the story jumping from Aisling's wedding, pregnancy, Demon Lord status, is she a guardian or not, is she Drake's mate or not. Then there was Drake and his problems, the Blue dragons, some black and silver too, a long lost brother and some totally other small plots and lots of new characters. Oh and the main plot of the war with the Red dragons seemed to be forgotten with all the silly little plots popping up.

Aisling seems to have become a super hero of sorts with so many powers that she doesn't even know what she is capable of. Although everything always works when she needs it. Also the way the characters travel around to god knows where in the world left me wondering where they actually were half of the time.

If you haven't read any of the series yet then you will have to start at the beginning for any of the story to make sense. If you have already read the series and have been eagerly awaiting this 4th book then try and borrow it from somewhere because you maybe disappointed. Sure there is the usual wit and fun that you come to expect from this author but is that really enough?

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Friday, November 16, 2007 |


2 Comments:


At 25 November 2007 at 01:34, Blogger ErinPaperbackstash

I haven't read this one by her, but I did just finish Sex and the Single Vampire. I love the humor in her stuff and would look forward to checking more of her work out.

 

At 25 November 2007 at 07:42, Blogger Unknown

Thanks for visiting my blog and making a comment!

I love the Aisling Grey books but I do have to admit to prefering the first couple of books more than the last couple.

I have read most of her other books too and I really do like her style but sometimes she goes a little over the top too.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online