Sunday 26 August 2007
This was one of those books that made me say 'Why didn't I read this earlier!' and start kicking myself. I throughly enjoyed this and got pulled in so much that I stayed up till the early hours of the morning to finish it.

This book isn't anything special in the way that it has something new to offer in the vampire genre. However it is unique in the way that it isn't pushed down your throat or complicated. It just is was it is - Good!

I liked the characters and the writing style alot. I snuggled up with this one and didn't feel the need to take any breaks to get my head around things or to try and understand something. Sure this is aimed for 'Young Readers' but it a series won't stay young for very long.

The storyline was refreshing and it was great to read something that wasn't action packed but interesting and mysterious. Very plain and real this book doesn't have anything that bursts out and grabs you but builds an interest that keeps you reading.

I will be looking out for the next 2 books in this series and will not wait around to read them!

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, August 26, 2007 |


3 Comments:


At 26 August 2007 at 09:34, Blogger Alex

I loved this story, Amber!! I still couldn't get my hands on the 2nd and 3rd book but I will. Like you said, it was refreshing and the characters were irresistible.:)

They are making a movie based on this book also. I read something about it in Stephenie Meyer's site some weeks ago.

 

At 26 August 2007 at 11:14, Blogger Kathy

I have the second book on audio, but have not gotten my hands on the the first one yet. I wanted audio, as I usually try to either "read" or "listen" to a series the same way. Just one of my many "wierdnesses" I guess.
KathyB

 

At 26 August 2007 at 12:35, Blogger Unknown

Well you both let me know if you have copies to trade/mooch ;)

I will most likely end up ordering the next one soon though hehe

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online