Monday 23 February 2009
Detective Alex Cross is called to investigate the massacre of a family and is shocked to find out that one of the victims is an old friend. Angry and upset he is determined to find out who could be responsible for such a horrible set of murders. What he doesn't realise is that his investigation will put himself and his family in danger and see him travel to Africa where he will see even worse things than the murder scene in his home of Washington D.C.

I have a soft spot for certain mystery series and this is one of them. James Patterson's Alex Cross series never fails to grab me and always has me hoping there will be more to come. This is book thirteen in the series and the author still manages to write an amazing story with a super plot that keeps you guessing to the end. My only problem with this newest edition was the blatant political messages and the trip to Africa. I thought both of these aspects were over the top but it didn't ruin the reading experience.

I am sure there are going to be more Alex Cross books even though the character deserves an extra long holiday and less work. Definitely a series worth following. Hard hitting, realistic and thrilling till the end.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, February 23, 2009 |


1 Comments:


At 27 February 2009 at 07:29, Blogger Ginny

I cant' wait to read this one, love this series. I'm waiting for it from the library :)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online