Wednesday 24 December 2008
Sadie Novak's job helps alot of people but it is a bit of a conversation killer. Cleaning up after murders, suicides and strange deaths is very smelly work but someone has to do it. However Sadie's job doesn't end there because most of the victims are usually still around when she is cleaning and she can talk to them. Helping them cross over is rewarding but sometimes the ghosts leave her with messages that she can't decipher.

When Sadie takes on a new job she knows she is going to meet a new ghost. What she doesn't realise is that she is going to get pulled into a complex murder that could end up with her own death if she doesn't find out who the killer is.

This first Ghost Dusters book was a great read. The whole crime scene cleaning angle was something new, while the talking to the dead twist made this paranormal and then to top things off it had a nice cozy mystery plot. I loved Sadie and the other characters and hope they will all be in the next book (which I will be ordering with any Christmas money I get!) because this series debut had a certain style that I would love to read again.

With a twist in the tale at the end the author really made this series special and interesting. I can't wait to see what the next installment, Devil May Ride, is like!

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, December 24, 2008 |


3 Comments:


At 24 December 2008 at 08:54, Blogger Angela @ Reading Angels

I'm glad you liked it! I got this one in a few weeks ago and thought it looked promising, now I can't wait to dig in!

 

At 24 December 2008 at 09:56, Blogger Vickie

I have the ARC of this that I picked up last year when my favorite mystery bookstore, High Crimes, closed its real world doors and went online only. I loaded up on all of the ARCs I could carry out since they were free and all....I need to get this one out of the drawer.

 

At 25 December 2008 at 03:29, Blogger slayra

I liked this book a lot too! I really want to read number 2! ^^

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online