Thursday 19 June 2008
Maggie Quinn is a reporter for the school newspaper, Honor student and yearbook photographer. If she was a sensible nerd she would keep her head down for the six weeks left before graduation. However it seems fate has something else planned for Maggie.

Maggie has always had dreams that could predict the future but she is happy to ignore the fact that she is slightly psychic. That is until things start to get really spooky and supernatural and Maggie is forced to believe in some things that go bump in the night. She starts to investigate the strange going ons but will she go as far as actually going to the prom? Even if it means saving some of the school kids she loves to hate?

'Prom Dates from Hell (Maggie Quinn: Girl vs Evil)' was an extremely cool read! Fresh and funny I loved Maggie right from the beginning and couldn't stop myself from picking up this book at every chance I had. Not too teeny and girlie I liked the mystery, loved the guys and got hooked by the demon suspense.

If this 'Girl vs. Evil' series was adapted for TV I would say it is a cross between 'Veronica Mars','Buffy' and a little 'Charmed'. I am happy to see that another book is due out later this year. 'Hell Week (Maggie Quinn: Girl vs Evil)' is due out in autumn and I will be putting it on my pre-order list.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Thursday, June 19, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 20 June 2008 at 13:58, Blogger Kimberly Swan

I completely missed this one...Sounds like a fun YA read! :)

 

At 23 June 2008 at 09:36, Blogger Unknown

It was fun and I really like it! I am glad there isn't such a long wait till the next one!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online