Saturday 12 April 2008
Before I start this rant I want to say a huge thank you to author Rachel Vincent for sending me a copy of her newest book 'Rogue' to review. I am still waiting to here from Amazon.de as to when I can expect my order of the book so I was jumping for joy yesterday when I found 'Rogue' in my post box all nice, shiny and signed by Rachel. No I won't go into the woods ;)

However here starts the rant! Yet again I am being tortured by Amazon.de!

This week I recieved 2 emails from Amazon.de telling me they can't get hold of a book! City of Shadows by Celia Rees is actually an older book so maybe it just isn't being printed anymore? Although 'Frostbite' by Richelle Mead which was released a few days ago is not avaliable and they have no idea when it could arrive! I pre-ordered this months ago!!!

It is just so sad! I never used to have this much trouble but it seems that us Europeans are not worthy enough to get books when they are released!

Rant over... for now...

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, April 12, 2008 |


7 Comments:


At 12 April 2008 at 07:34, Blogger Shanna Vaughn

Hi Amber,

Sometimes when I can't get things in the US I order them from Amazon UK. Of course shipping is much higher that way. I don't know if that's an option for you. That's got to be so frustrating, I feel your pain :)

 

At 12 April 2008 at 07:59, Blogger Unknown

Hey there!

Hope you are well!

I would order from Amazon.co.uk but they seem to have the same waiting times as Amazon.de.

Also it costs me alot more because the pound isn't really Euro friendly ;)

 

At 13 April 2008 at 00:06, Blogger shaunesay

Hmmm... I recently found a copy of City of Shadows on the sale shelf at a Half Price Books, so I got it for $1! I've put it in the Teen VBB on BookObssessed... so it's sort of available, if you're in the box. :/

Have you received Succubus in the City yet? Because I bought that one at Borders last weekend (I saw it on your pre-order list, so wasn't sure if you'd actually received it or not yet.)

But then, I'm in the US, so I don't honestly know how different it is for us to get a hold of things than for you, sounds like very. :( I'm sorry!

 

At 13 April 2008 at 01:31, Anonymous Anonymous

That happens very often when I pre-ordered books in Amazon.fr, Amber. They just drive me crazy with their excuses... What is the purpose of pre-ordering if you have to wait several months after the release, right?! Now, I buy the books I really want at The Book Depository. Never had a problem with them.:)

 

At 13 April 2008 at 03:25, Blogger Unknown

@ shaunesay - I am really lucky to have such great bookobsessed friends! Terra has said she will send me 'City of Shadows' so I have cancelled my order.

I just finished 'Succubus in the City' about 30 mins ago. I am just cooking and checking emails and the review will go up ;)

@ Oriana - I have been wondering where else I can order from. I have ordered from Libri.de but they are just as slow. I will look at the Book Depository later today. If I can use them Amazon.de will be loosing a customer.

 

At 13 April 2008 at 04:18, Anonymous Anonymous

Normally, the books I buy at The Book Depository arrived in 3-5 days (sometimes 2!), Amber. Frankly, I'm quite happy with them.:)

 

At 13 April 2008 at 06:04, Blogger Unknown

Thank you Oriana! I have just ordered Frostbite and Rogue from Book Depository!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online